Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting it Together


Loss of mindfulness is why people engage in useless pursuits, do not care for their own interests, and remain unalarmed in the presence of things which actually menace their welfare.

-Buddha


I have somehow managed to pull 'it' together today, which I can only describe as my own form of mindfulness practice, what I seem to do everyday, and well; the process of creating needed flow and change around me. I am dreaming of that future space- or is it parallel? The fluidity of time has really undone my constraints, and I seem free, again, to dream big.

Yesterday's long run proved helpful in draining my tank to a place where I could rest deeply last night. And instead of hiding out through the morning in bed, I felt a surge of 'get-up-and-go' anticipating what I described. It is an intensely creative process, and soul-satisfying. It's what I remember doing as a child, especially as a teenager, creating physical reality that reflected me. So today, from porch to closets, plants to paperwork, an organizational morphic field was summoned and suddenly critical mass achieved. The space is together.

I can feel the sense of so many patterns at work, bundles with no name, filled with light and dancing molecules which wink in and out of each others' sight. If I step back, even as I reach into and through them, I can almost physically sense their shifting shapes and directions. My clients who unfold 'true colors' with the textures of emotional imprints, my parents circling themes of dissolution, resolution, ultimate outcomes. How physical objects seek to relate to each other, how plants learn to fill niches of growth patterns within their shared community, whether 2 10 or 50 are placed together.

We have a lot to learn from the world, not this message of transcending it; for it seems even as we take it for our practice, it certainly teaches us how to center squarely on the source which is focus, is mind, is everyone of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am dreaming of that future space- or is it parallel?

It might be circular time, revolving back on itself.