Monday, July 14, 2008

The Natural World



I set out this morning for an 8 miler, happy to be out of doors after all weekend in class....early rainbow was fading to the west as the sun danced up over the horizon and the streams of gray clouds feathered around the rays of light. Once I rounded out and headed west, I began to ease out of my stiffness and fatigue and found my gait, happy to have the road to myself. I got a good rhythm going in time with the ipod, and soon enough my heart began to lift as I took in the wide, beautiful sky. All at once I had a sense of something more than wonder and awe, beyond even gratitude for what I am able to perceive; I felt a deep sense of honor, as if I could sense the presence of those Beneficent Ones who take such a deep interest in me, and carefully place me where I can do the most good, to be the conduit, the channel for the Work. I felt it. To be out where nothing prevents me from completing my run, setting my day, meeting my clients, my goals, my mission....everything I'd ever hoped for or dreamed....If it hasn't happened yet I had a deep sense that it was all there, on schedule, in place. I felt light, ripe and ready. The winds were picking up and the heat was bearable. The elements, which often seems scattered, or against me, were suddenly organized with grace and power. Running into the morning light, I was a free agent of my soul. And my heart was carrying me through.

The natural world has always been a source of inspiration, comfort and mystical connection. But somehow it has become something more, an extension of me; a spiritual space I inhabit with the other organized and moving molecules through time. My potential for moving freely through the landscape seems to increase with my love for all things within and without, the fabric of me.

No comments: