Monday, June 30, 2008

Starting off the week of June 30

Thanks to the helpful tip about electrolyte replacement, I would say this morning's 8 miler was a more tolerable ride. One stop for water, but otherwise, kept at 180 bpm on the ipod, which is a pretty good clip. I was out the door by 6:30AM and actually caught just a hint of a breeze coming off the dawn. I slept hours and hours last night, after seeing Mom, whose settling into the nursing home, and Dad, whose not settling into much of anything- a need to divest myself of outer images and weighty emotions into a dream-filled night.

It will be a packed week. I am determined to stay on schedule and train consistently and hard. Yoga, added after, really helps with 'core' strength and balance. And I can feel how hard I work to muscle together all the elements for a strong enough flow through this heat.

Play time will come soon enough! A break before the next big push....we muster through, we keep our cool, even when the pressure is on.

No comments: