Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Elemental 8


"The thought of later in the day having to explain to myself why I didn't run that morning is enough to get me out the door."

-LINDA JOHNSON

As I rounded up onto Emerald Hills Rd., scuttling rain clouds which had followed me from the east decided to open up. The sun was full up past the horizon, and the cloud far enough west that it rained through the sun. I was at about mile 6 at this point, pouring sweat from a hot hot trek so far. Having this soft shower cascade through the sunlight was cooling and magical....I could see each droplet backlit like tiny diamonds from another world...and my skin went cool again heading into the last mile home.

I held my pace better today. I took the ipod. The elements of early morning, mixing into the soup of a new day reminded me of atmospheric fluidity, of how changeable the emotions of mind, and time and perceived territories. I am more free from the worry and concern, and it's a floating on my feet that translates to an open mind, ready for the new discoveries of the day.

No comments: