Sunday, June 22, 2008

Solstice



We have turned through the longest day, and gathered the rays of heat into fireballs and sweat which churn up on my skin on every run. The rainy season has not abated the intensity of the sun, just created a atmospheric wash of humidity that feels like another body of water, an auric ocean above the surface of the earth.

I ran long yesterday, short of 10. I struggled. Today I went 'off schedule' for a good cause, and may see how I feel later today. More likely I will start off the week tomorrow and shoot for shorter sessions early enough to be comfortable. Suddenly now it's all about protecting my base; and keeping strength, endurance and flexibility while increasing range of motion.

I am grateful to have my 'healer' network in place. Those that can influence with mind, heart, hands and who buoy me up through my own fluctuating change. I am more constant then ever, but protective, too, of the effort it takes to 'tap' the range of response I need. But maybe, if I can keep it in mind, the whole circle of turning this seasonal wheel will bring me to a fruition of energy and inspiration. I am tuned and ready for it; I am hungry for a creative outcome.

No comments: