Thursday, June 5, 2008

Running Through

The 7+ miler early this morning felt strong, great, after a mile or so of unkinking the tired tightness out of my bones. By 7AM, the sun was hot...and too much exhaust from the early commuters...one of the drawbacks of heading out at that hour. But I hit a nice rhythm, and now that the new shoes are broken in better, I feel the comfort of being able to sustain a harder gait, at least for some amount of time. I needed this; I had too much on my mind. I'm heading now to the hospital to find out what the 6th floor rehab is all about and from there a very full, hectic day at work. There will be no break now, no 'day off', and no time to hide. There is running through the stress, pain, sadness and constant change. If I keep moving, I keep strong. If I keep strong I will keep up. That, for now, is the goal.

No comments: