Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes, We Can, and We Did!




I planned for maximum time to watch, then bask in the election results, which meant a very late night. I slept later this morning and took it as a recovery day. Last 2 runs, 2 in a row, have been pretty intense, running into head winds, and keeping my pace up. So it was well-deserved, and no doubt smart. I am realizing more and more that it can't be all about total mileage, but total strength and endurance. So as I continue to work through the next few weeks of classwork and Workwork, it is paying off to be cautious and consistent.

Meanwhile, I can let emotions run high today....remembering Chicago '68 as I watched Grant Park open its arms to the Prez-elect. Watching the black/white mix of the 2 first families mingle on stage. Watching the obvious love and support of Barack and Michelle sharing pride and joy. Watching his face as he addressed the huge Chicago crowd, and the gentle gratitude, and reach into our future. It was the right note, right speech, right time, and yes, right man. All these months of worry about sabotage, regression, repression....and we FINALLY come out the other side.

I felt the presence of many. Seen and unseen. And in my heart I knew the stars were lining up behind us as we made our stand for the Light and everything it makes transparent, everything that calls for reform and change. It is not the end of something, but as he said, just the beginning. And starting tomorrow I return to training with a lift in my step, knowing that I work on the side of bringing us through to better days ahead.

No comments: