Thursday, November 6, 2008

This is Our Time




"My basic philosophy can be summed up by an expression we use in Norwegian: hurry slowly. Get there, but be patient."

-GRETE WAITZ, Run Your First Marathon

I was in a fog this morning....I threw on my gear and was out the door, running into the morning chill still somewhere out in the ethers, drifting around Grant Park, Virginia, and the tracks of my own past...by the time I rounded out on Arthur I found my focus and rhythm, with the steady footfalls sending vibrations up my legs, and into my heart. My heart, which has held it's breath, taken hits, bled, and believed, my spirit insisting, "hang on...it will come out alright."

I have learned how to grow patient. I found this on the road, between wanting to cave, and persevering through every run. I achieved many goals in life, and still work on more; but the lesson of the run is, do it- every time.

Obama has already bestowed gifts that came to bear with my clients, first day! The energy of inspiration is never to be underestimated. Great leaders, like energy itself, are boundless in their ability to tap the Universal Zeitgeist. The trick is, are you on the side of Light, or fanning the flames of your own ego? This leader brings humility and compassion, and like the Dalai Lama, he has sold me on his inner conviction and character. He does The Work for all of us, as do I. He runs his race knowing the mission is to bring us all along. This is truly, Our Time to turn it around, and begin to trek towards reconciliation and redemption.

Yes, we can. We did. We will.

No comments: