Sunday, November 2, 2008

Paula does it Again




"Fitness is like the blade of a knife; you want to sharpen it without ruining the blade."

=SALLY JENKINS, The Washington Post

Congratulations to Paula Radcliffe for her 3rd NYC Marathon win!! WHoo Hoo! Unfortunately I was up to my neck in my class paper, and did not get to see it....which really sucks....I missed the thrill of watching those elites do their thing. And I didn't run today either, after yesterday's 9+miler, which was done in a headwind most of the way back. So a well-deserved recoop day did not seem out of the question.

With a draft of the paper done, daylight's saving time accomplished and the weather settling down, I hope, the plan is to get back to early morning runs, and make them long enough, and relaxed enough to begin inching back up on the mileage. I'm feeling pretty good, but tired. I have plenty of good food stocked up, and nothing standing in my way. I can put together the rest of the class work by the end of next week, and begin to see light at the end of the tunnel by mid-month once class is done.

I will have 2 months to train solid for Miami.

No comments: