Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"V" for Vision, Victory and a New (ad)Venture


"Leave your watch on the kitchen table and go freely, like a child."

-CLAIRE KOWALCHIK, The Complete Book of Running for Women

I had weird dreams last night, and woke up feeling unusually fatigued...but then, I've been going at high gear for some time now, and I know there are times when it just catches up with me. My alarm was set on vibrate, so I missed it, and hopped out of bed and into my running gear before I could talk myself out of it. Voting Day!! The weather is also unusual, with a cover of foggy, chilly clouds and a headwind pushing at me all the way around the 7 mile loop until I could head south on 40th. I passed polling stations at TY park, at schools, prior to opening. I pushed through the fatigue and early morning disorientation until my blood circulated enough to wake my brain. My feet did their steady plop-plop along the pavement, and I confess, that cool air felt good. I imagined myself later today, prone on the living room floor watching voting results. How can we lose? What dirty tricks will the Reps attempt to steal this dream- again?

I want to invest in this hope. Everything in me feels the timing is indeed right. For those who insist on safety in bigotry or repression, the change will indeed come upon them, whether they like it or not. The secret for navigating the times comes with opening....and allowing the New Day to break upon us all, as co-creators, journeyers participants in the human drama. It has been a heart-breaking ride for many. But the many martyrs, leaders and ordinary folk who broke the trails for where we are going are watching us now, including Obama's grandmother who just passed. Ancestors are waiting for this day. And we can deliver our future to ourselves with a touch of a button, and take ourselves beyond promise and prayers. We can BE THE CHANGE we seek in the world. Do it. Vote. And take your own High Road into your good future.

No comments: