Sunday, November 9, 2008

World Run Day


We have to look inside for answers and
outside for inspiration.
-Lucas the yoga guy

The Cosmic kiss took me to the dusty corners of the past, where what seemed to be old introjects met to reacquaint themselves, even as we know, we know, who we are. Later, I soothed the weirdness of it all at Hugh Birch, commemorating World Run Day with a few leisurely loops with co-runners. The world hushed, expanded like bird calls on the day, fanning out into far reaches of my inner psyche...the movement felt exhilarating and relaxing. Yesterday's long run was intense, putting myself through distance and pacing. But today, the surreal rewards of being out of bounds of usual time forced open my assumptions. You truly never know.

What does it all mean? Nothing; everything. Poignancy in the search, though, plenty of deep tears for the sentiment of calling it all together, and allowing myself to feel receptive. There is no clear path. I just followed the loop. But tomorrow, it's a different run. And the conditions will be mysterious and waiting for me all the same.

No comments: