Wednesday, November 12, 2008

'Nuf Said


"The illusion of separateness is perpetuated through our interpretations of the seen.

We observe Reality manifesting in what appear to be separate, discrete parts -- without recognizing the inherent inseparability and interdependence of everything appearing before us.

When we focus, instead, on... the connective tissue of Reality, the invisible Source from which, and the Background against which everything shows up, the illusion of separateness is naturally and inevitably dispelled -- even as the appearance of duality remains."

-from The Daily Guru

Out the door this morning before 7, right after rain must have been through, there were puddles of water everywhere, and the sky was strewn with the remnants of storm clouds. The atmosphere was a soup of winds, watery vestiges and high humidity, and not all that cool. It feels, as I often think of it, as if I am running IN water. The entire loop back was directly into the winds; and it showed just how much more strength I have to stay consistently on pace throughout. I am BEAT!!

I focused on placing all my 'concerns' within their own spheres, in order to make sure they were outside my zone of personal power. This had to include clients, family and significant others, as I recognize that it's not my ability to see the connection, it's my need to stake my own space within it that's the issue. I am so naturally attuned to inter-relationships of reality, I can easily become stuck in it. Running has accomplished a powerful change: I am no longer as susceptible to this. I have come to own myself and my energy. And I hope it's strong enough that I would never lose it.

The irony is in the conflict between this and 'dependency needs', as we say in the biz. Somewhere is the balance between conflicting pulls for autonomy and interconnection. When I run, I feel like I flow into the sky. But I have no one I need to share it with, or worry over, or coerce into my love affair with the experience of the run.

No comments: