Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dream Big



Michael, my son and glider pilot extraordinaire, put his newly gotten glider into the air this past weekend; check out the pix- it is a beauty! I completely understand why there is little else he can talk about, at least with the excitement he reveals, when flying is his passion. He's so good at so many things. But he has a connection with those wide curling spaces he can only reach through wingtips silently carving invisible currents of heated air. Amazing.

I am thrilled to pass along my capacity to dream big. My life has been about the big dreams which fill me on so many levels. It didn't always make for much of a practical life, or even a happy one; I've been on my own path of adventure and seeking the path of Spirit forever. The good news for me is big dreams keep forming, it's just now they make sure to come in the form of an application I can put into the world. I never thought I'd be a professional in the 'marketplace', and I sure never ever saw myself as a 'runner'. Walker, yes, trekker, and occasional bike rider, but never runner. Every race I train for, especially the marathon, reminds me how big my dreams still are. I'm sitting on a few others, cooking on the back burners, which I'm sure are part of the overall mission of my work. It's good to know the urge to throw oneself out into the universe is alive and well in the family. Once upon a time, generations ago of my family launched themselves out of their small worlds. We have been on the move ever since.

No comments: