Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sending Prayers to Flight




It was a restless night, with lots to ponder, as, right on cue, the Universe caught me up in it's bag of surprises once again. It's too early to speculate the true direction or purpose, so I will not attempt any description and suffice to say, I trust that what needs to be, will be.

I was not up for a big run, but still managed more than I intended, taking off for the overpass, and then turning north instead of south to meander through the Oakwood plaza to Stirling. From there, I headed north again, towards Griffin and turned into the trailer park once I realized I had been out about an hour. I'm not looking for heroics or worse, injury, so a slow 5 miles was just about right. The weather is balmy; sunny and unusually warm. The hint of heat felt good on my shoulders once I took off my outer shirt. I tried to focus on rhythm and gait, and noticed my sense of distraction. But instead of the twinge of sorrow that has tugged at my feet, I felt instead a slight push of hopefulness, something deep within that was asking to break through. I wanted to allow all my joy to surface. I know there is positive outcomes to be had. But like everything else in training, it's sometimes the more cautious approach that gets you there. Finding that tipping point between brash desire and withdrawal is always difficult, but maybe I am feeling my way there. The sun, wind and warmth are telling me I am welcome in the moment, where the balance always is.

No comments: