Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bliss

"When the desire strikes, simply put on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt, lace up your running shoes, and head down the road, up a trail, or through an open field."

CLAIRE KOWALCHIK, The Complete Book of Running for Women


Pairing back my expectations while I heal, regroup and regain focus for a new goal....half-marathon for Feb???? I download a new training plan from RW that looks much like I do, with a few tweak outs. It makes sense to train for a good half, and put the marathon back on the calendar next year.

6+ miles, out and about the Griffin loop today through breezy, partly cloudy conditions, not too cold, not too warm, felt free, even if I'm still struggling some.....it reminds me that all I need to do is "...head down the road" to find a slice of serenity, within the context of movement and rhythm.

No comments: