Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Easy for You to Say


Today's Outlook: Today's emotionally charged Scorpio Moon reveals another side of her moody nature as she elicits memories about unfulfilled love. Depending on what's currently happening in our lives, this can be nostalgic or bittersweet as amorous Venus conjuncts Chiron the Wounded Healer. Our resistance to intimacy or commitment now stems from these uneasy recollections, yet it's crucial to understand how the past need not be replayed through present circumstances.

How much are the unseen forces responsible for our lives? How do we account for the sudden drop in energy, motivation, focus? How do the masters overcome the flux in star alignments, weather conditions, emotional tugs and needs? How does anyone overcome the loneliness and heartbreak of holidays spent adrift from loved ones or support??

I was running so much in the wind today, that by the time I got back onto Park, I had to walk the rest of the stretch home. The overcast, chilly, gusty morning was no comfort to my heart; instead it felt more like some trek into unforgiving lands....some truck driver yells at me out his window about how I can't hear anything "with those things on" meaning my ipod...and of course my thought is, how do people project their anger about their own behavior at others? All he had to do was wait 1 minute for me to cross his path. But apparently he thought I was the one that needed correction, even though he was in the bigger, more dangerous vehicle. I could hear him loud and clear. I might have said something back, under my breath. I have no problem standing up for myself. But when the weight of insult or forgetting takes a foothold it is very difficult to let go....to let the stride take me along in my own little world of struggle, triumph, process.

Sure, Scorpio moon, dance with Chiron, and intensify the bittersweet longing for love. How surprised could I be that just at this time of year, the love of person becomes a distraction from Love of Spirit, of Self, of mission. It is a small girl inside of me which longs for personal love, and the validation of recognition. The woman in me has found a way to maintain behind strong boundaries which has escaped capture. But just once it would be cool to find someone willing to break down that wall and walk with me a ways for the thrill of finding meaning and adventure on the Path. Until that day comes, the run will always do me good. The run is mine.

No comments: