Monday, December 8, 2008

Reflecting on Everything, Starting New Again



After 2 weekend runs that were shorter and more challenging than I can remember, I did a pretty solid 6ish miles today. Passing a surveyor at his truck at Stirling who said, hey, you really cover some ground! I saw you all the way over the other side of town there! LOL..... It was the boost I needed to feel like a runner again, and while listening to some new podcasts, began to see that this was the start of something new.

I thought long and hard last night about new starts. Having to put Miami on ice for this year is a tough decision. And even though it's not 100% firm, it's certainly unlikely I can get enough miles in to make even a decent half showing. Better to wait for Ft. Lauderdale in Feb. Making the adjustments in expectations about everything seems to be the mission, while keeping my focus on work and professional goals. There are still opportunities for breakthroughs, and the constant surprises of the Universe as it weaves it's creative chaos through our lives. I keep a seed of anticipation at the ready, in case. Meanwhile, I focus on regaining my strength, stamina and inspiration through the dark days of winter descent. And remember, I will come out the other side.

No comments: