Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rainbow Prayer Flags




I was pleasantly surprised to manage a nice 8 miles in a cool, cloudy morning earlier today, feeling sore, yes, tired, uh huh.....but after getting up onto Park, and enjoying the stretch of my legs on that nice straight flat, the rhythm of the gait took over, and the loose steady movement filled me with that wonderful contentment I love...

Am I too solitary?? I find so much peace in myself...but it's fragile energy seems easily dispersed by others....you'd think, in my business, I'd be a better manager, and maybe I am. But there are times, like now, when all I do is crave no interruption in the thoughts of my own creation. All artists have this internal life; apparently many runners do too. It's not the negative drain it used to be when the momentum would tumble me down into unwanted emotions of loss or helplessness. Now it comes from the strength in my own soul and the desire to feel it without disruption. I suppose the next step will come when I can easily incorporate the energy of others....outside the formal, professional structures. But meanwhile, I am happy to focus on the shamanic slant of the times, and use it for my own redevelopment of depth, clarity and purpose.

And let's allow the joy of changes to fly....free........

No comments: