Saturday, December 6, 2008

Back to any Run is a good Run



-mural at Art Basel/Miami

It's been over a month of fighting whatever is ailing me, and a week of antibiotics has finally broken through the logjam- slogging through long work days, by Wednesday there was no running, until today. Today; woke after a long sleep, groggy and stiff. Last night I tried to stretch as much as I could to prepare for running, and felt all the knobs and burrs of my shoulder/neck protesting in pain. It's been a while since I did any massage or chiro, and it's apparent. But I put some hope in my step as I took to the street, in a beautiful, clear, cool morning. Began with the overpass and headed down to the Arthur St. stretch. Made my pit stop at Anderson Park and took 56th all the way back. It wasn't much for mileage, maybe 6, and I stopped several times to walk off the tension and fatigue. I never got faster than an easy jog, but oh how lovely to be moving outdoors!! To feel air, sun and the whooshwhoosh of my own arms and legs, heartbeat and breath, and the easy meander of my thoughts swirling along their own path.

It's been a whirlwind fall, coming into the winter months, the close of '08. Super Barack is getting ready for his new gig, new digs, and will inherit hell in a handbasket, as far as the state of the world is concerned. All of us are doing the new economic shuffle, trying to figure out where our ground lies. I have the sense that any run will be a good run, these days. I have put Miami on the shelf. I can't see how I could get back up to snuff in less than 2 months. So all our expectations must shift. It's a good time to be humble, and aware of our own limitations and resources. Few will be tangible. Most, I sense, will be coming from levels deep within, where the Source will keep us all posted on our progress.

No comments: