Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Journey continues


"Running is a way of life for me, just like brushing my teeth. If I don't run for a few days, I feel as if something's been stolen from me."

-JOHN A. KELLEY

It was a solid 8 miler this morning, with winds whipping up from the east, taxing my strength going over the overpass and again on the stretch back. It took a good 2 or 3 miles before I even felt loosened up enough to start enjoying myself, and able to absorb the beauty of the day; swirls of clouds moving across a bright sky, the air at once heavy with moisture but somehow brushed clean with the winds. I found myself sunk into the rhythm as I rounded north, thinking about everything and nothing, feeling the pat pat of my footfalls like a massage on the bottoms of my feet.

I've been more sore and tired than usual, even with the break. The intensity level of everything is greater, and the pressure to keep up just keeps on coming. I saw the altar with Ganesh, Hindu god, in one of Rishi's photos...and it was an electrifying reminder that Protection is near. I once had a dream, long ago, I can still remember clearly where a great female elephant came to my rescue. If the totemic energies are a foot, then we are lucky to have all the help we can get. It's not always in the ways we expect that the Source delivers on its promises. Meanwhile, we lose heart and focus so easily, we are like monkeys distracted by the detritus of our own whims. Only when we dig deep enough to build on the reserves of true dreams do the gods seem to flock to our aid. Big Dreams are all around us now. Channeling them into our corner of reality is the goal.

No comments: