Monday, October 13, 2008

Homage to Chicago



That's Cheruiyot, Kenyan winner of yesterday's Chicago marathon, which apparently was run in warm temps this year, capturing a time of 2:06:25. Very very impressive!! Our Olympic women's winner, the Romanian gal, was 8th, and gracious enough to say "my legs are still tired" from Beijing.

I couldn't rally myself out early yesterday, but by midday, after chores were finally complete, I decided to give myself a mini-vacation to the beach for a run there. I did the loop from top to bottom: Dania peer (and a slight detour to do the bridge), down the length of the Broadwalk, turning at the bottom and back up to North Park. I think it's an 8 miler...not sure. It's been a while since I ran in the heat of day, and it was a very tough go for the first 2 thirds...But for some reason, as I turned back north along the ocean, I felt a surge of resonance with the air, the rhythm of my stride and tucked in for a respectable stretch, taking the sand along the walkway as I needed to cushion my feet, feeling steady, swinging my arms, holding my head high.

It was a boost to see the ocean; I'm studying clouds these days, no doubt an influence from Michael, also as I work on this painting, which is all about atmospherics. The ocean was an emerald green, and the breezes were driving full fluffy layers of white clouds buffeting the edges of the horizon. It was enough. It was my homage to the runners in Chicago. All together I probably made 18-20 miles this weekend, for a respectable 40-45 for the week.

Today, I rested, and did yoga. I slept so long, and so deep...the plot-lines in my dreams were all about treks and running.....coming up to Griffin with John (work) at my front and Jay(work) at my back, as we laugh about our pacing, coming up to Daryl (work) who held a basket of food at the 'halfway mark', with potatoes, fruit. I ask for the fruit- the potatoes are raw. And this morphs into other plots of loss, as the players in my life revolve through my past...

It was incredible to connect with CC and compare notes...every day is new confirmation of every thing we were taught by Mello. Have no doubt, we will be there for the advent of victory is all its glorious manifestations. Small and large, changes are coming to bring up into the line.

No comments: