Friday, October 24, 2008

Courage and Compassion



My 9 miles this morning was mostly a run into stiff headwinds, as a front has parked itself with blustery winds, occasional drizzle and storms. Running into wind is so exhausting...and strengthening. So as much as I hate that feeling of never quite "lifting" off, I appreciate how this intensity is growing endurance; and I'll need plenty of it, over the course- of the next months, let alone the next marathon.

I start class tonight. I'm leaving soon to go vote early....then hit the NSU campus to see if I can do some research on the Co-op, as well as anything that will place me ahead of the work curve for the class. I have so little familiarity with the "art" of the library these days....while I still have the leisure, anything I can do to make it more comfortable is a good idea. And thanks to TP, a possibility of research at a law library.....should be super cool.

The presence of courage and compassion will serve me well in the next weeks. The more pressure I feel, the more I sense the safety net of Beneficent energy which inundates the efforts of our swing back from insane directions. Every run has its own character; a pretty run never predicts- it is a gift from the divine messengers and constellation of fates. But when the difficult run comes, like today, we are buoyed by past success. Our courage, built on solid accomplishment, will lead us through the next leg of the journey. The next corner, the crossroads, the completion; for now.

No comments: