Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hope and Inspiration


"The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this, always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed upon my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers."
-- Helen Keller

Today's AT, or Awesome Thing...something I've put into practice since the big PUSH has been on, in order to keep me grounded on the unceasing miracles which happen daily, if looked for.....
My client "X" gave his final presentation at group to prepare for his completion of treatment. Many of the girls cried; some of the men railed against their fates. My client gave a profound window on the journey of his own recovery, and was kind enough to place me in it, at which time a wave of comments went around the room about my being the best...therapist.....and I smiled deep in my heart knowing the Path I always meant to meet, the one where Hope and Inspiration resides, and commands the forward motion, the same one I meet every day on the run, between footfalls, heartbeats, and the very Breathe of Nature.

No comments: