Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring in the Air



Maybe we skip to warm weather a little too fast, but the winds of spring are still active, blowing crazy across the flatlands of south Florida. The temps are well into the 70's in the AM, which suddenly causes a whole new set of challenges for ramping up miles. I am up earlier, with the sun, which is not terribly early anymore. It may serve me to start pre-dawn eventually, if I want to take my time and log in some longer loops. I didn't sleep well last night; but that first few steps down the street pulled me up and out of myself as I flung into the awkward rhythm of another run.

I have a chance to register for Marine Corp marathon today. If by dumb luck I get a spot (this race fills immediately) then I need to begin plotting some training, right away. It may seem weird to worry about a race in the Fall. But for me, it will take time to strengthen all the necessary parts which have fallen into fatigue and lower expectations.

It suddenly feels like everything is happening at once: the work scene, other professional interests and projects, family, personal, global- if I had any doubt the energy has increased, time is speeding forward, the present sense has brought me crashing back to reality. There will be no 'escape' from the rev up the vibrational shift is creating. The need to stay mindful of all balls in the air, moving interchangeably, is key. Allowing the interplay of Forces to move through me, and to trust that my deepest intuition is at work will save me from feeling crushed by the pressures. All too often I forget what really works for me. To create, to love, to run and move. To dream deep and send my vision over the wide spaces of heaven and earth and pick up the messages from within...To follow the trails of change in myself and others and encourage the patterns which seek emergence in our world. It works because it is my soul calling. If I heed, the New World awaits us all.

No comments: