Thursday, April 9, 2009

Last Blast



I dressed like winter heading out in the early dawn, the chill wind less cutting....as if the sun, destined to pour fully into the morning, was determined to take the pain out of the shock....making the first several miles a wonder....that perfect balance of comfort, intensity and motion.

The warmth comes and goes, and the weather all over appears as unpredictable as here. I anticipate a great weekend for longer runs, and the end of bundling or avoiding runs because of cold. I hope my system and sinuses settle down...this all plays havoc on me.

I ran with thoughts of the marathon on my mind, what I remember as the 'beginning of it all' syndrome when I can hardly get my mind around the idea of surviving the 26.2 miles. Good thing I've done it once now, so at least I know it's possible!! It's a HUGE leap, though, with the travel, location and course; everything will be unfamiliar and more stressful. On the other hand I will have a boatload of supporters and plenty of help. So in a way, my dream to do a marathon in my old stomping grounds backyard will soon come true. And while I'm at it, a chance to reconnect with my spiritual family/circle and present my new proposal. I dream, I invent, I'm the idea lady...

Benchmarks are upon me; projects loom. The time is right to settle into a regular routine of miles...my soul craves...to put my physical tensions to right, and anchor in the moment. With time-lines flowing like spaghetti in my head, the comfort of the road is a line of direction. There is very little control we have over the magnitude of changes. And yet, we create the potential for every inch of ground we cover as we progress upon the Path. It is always, ultimately, up to us to 'buy in' to the Power that knocks at the door and invites us on.

No comments: