Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yoga Journal, thanks CeeCee



From an interview with yoga teacher Aadil Palkhivala


Question: What legacy do you hope to leave?

Answer: "My soul doesn't give a hoot about what I leave behind. It only matters what I take with me. I want to take an enhanced connection to my soul and knowledge that I've lived my dharma. I want to know that my life encouraged people to take care of themsselves. People should believe they are spiritual beings living a human life. I want to help those who are serious about the discovery of Self and the true spiritual future of the human race. I want to share Sri Aurobindo's vision of transforming our life into a Divine life. Invite your sould into every thought, word, and action.."


Somewhere out on the road today, between the twin pressures of atmospherics and emotions, I kept scoping out my future; I sensed the lay of lines between various projects and levels of awareness weaving together through the thump-thump of my footsteps. I struggled, and despaired. I also hoped. The flag we unfurl of our interest in the journey of life is something that can be seen a good distance, and through many obstacles. I knew, even as I felt mired in the moment, that great currents were taking me along.

I wish what he wishes. To keep the uncluttered Eye open. To be the conduit. Co-create. It is what we were born with, the mandate to operate out of our own imperatives. The times are only shaping the form.

I run the Human Race.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

omg ricci...you illustrate your thoughts so eloquently. I really appreaciate your metaphors, mostly when referring to your soul. I feel like I'm running there with you. You are the best!!