Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Possibilities are Endless



I'm realizing, as if for the first time, how much spring we have in South Florida and just how much change in seasons. As climate changes increase extreme weather elsewhere, we seem to now have real changes ourselves, not just the rainy/dry or warm/warmer contrasts. And I'm loving it! The mercurial mood of spring gives me that crazy boost of energy, the birthday season, harmonizing with my own vibe. It's been great to run in high winds, blustery rains, clouds scattered through the skies like fast moving herds of marshmallow, blending through a muted color spectrum of grays, dusky blues.

I swear, that half marathon is STILL kicking my rear-end, but I'm managing some minimal mileage, (well for me anyway) and enough length on the long runs to remind myself I can still do it. Today I took the Griffin loop, with every intention of heading through the Seminoles. But constant running into hard wind is exhausting! So at Stirling I cut down through Emerald Hills and still probably managed a 7 or 8.

My ideal runner and me had to reconcile ourselves, as I kept wishing I'd dropped the few extra pounds put on for the race, felt stronger, faster, more balanced and hoped I could pull off registration for Marine Corp marathon in Oct AND the tumult of the times at work and with family without any extra stress. LOL....Spring does this to me, revs me up to high octane optimism and over-confidence that I will find the time and resources to pull it all off. The funny thing is I usually do, but come down to earth around July when I realize just how much there is!!

Still, the lessons keep pointing to the same thing: anything really is possible. If I would have tried to imagine all the events of this year, all the triumphs and tragedies, I couldn't have crafted this unusual narrative, the one that says don't ever get too comfortable with your assumptions. I can do Marine Corp, if I properly train. I can get my license, if I finish that last class and pass the state exam. I can walk through these many doors with those I love and stay true to the great influx of universal forces which keep choosing us all to blast through. All we need to do is get out of the way. Even a shred of will can be augmented to lightning speed and intensity, where dreams which may have looked elusive can come alive again. There is no need to limit the Vision. Bring it all on.

No comments: