Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Weather Returns



I dreamt last night I was in a race. The scene I remember was a particularly tricky part with a snaky stretch of twists and turns taking us around and out from one part to another. I remember watching, out of the corner of my eye, other runners attempting to navigate their footing and hoping I would stay on my feet. I didn't run today, trying to monitor the ongoing soreness in new places in my back legs etc, after several intense runs. But somehow, this one scene seems to sum up all the substance of current life; its a challenge getting from point A to B...and the course has become convoluted. But I am on it, on my feet, and making my way along with everyone else.

50 years of Tibet struggle for independence and freedom. A client tells me about visiting the ashram north of Vero Beach where the guru Ma lives...suddenly connections are springing to life which have been laying dormant over the winter. I can feel the surge of energy along with the daylight and warmth. And further along, my intent to make a fresh start in training, learning from the last race, preparing for the next.

If all works according to plan, I will try to register for Marine Corp in Oct. It's tricky registration; it fills immediately. But if I succeed it will be the next race to prepare for, during a busy time of completing the last grad class this summer, and getting ready to test for licensure.

But that's getting ahead of myself. Today was yoga, and it felt great. Sleep and diet, and keeping the stress level manageable at work; those are the current goals. If I begin to feel comfortable with some mileage then all the better. The road isn't going anywhere, and the weather is with me. I am, as always, running for peace, and the struggles for freedom everywhere.

No comments: