Thursday, August 14, 2008

Time to Run!



Sure, I've watched some beach volleyball, Mark Phelps swim into all this gold, and the amazing synchronized diving; but FINALLY! Time to run! Lagat and all the rest begin Friday to do their thing, putting speed and endurance to the test on nothing but their own feet. AND I CAN HARDLY WAIT. It will be heaven......

I was very tired today, and kept my morning run on the easy side, a 6 miler looping to 56th and back on Park. It's always a nice stretch to take that road as flat and open as it is, and just crank into my rhythm and let it go. No speed today, hardly any ooumph at all...but that's #4 in a row, and I know that running consecutively that many days puts me in this slump. I'll take tomorrow for recovery and do my long run Saturday. The goal will be another half-marathon or more distance and work on the pace. Yes, it's hot as hell down here in Florida, and of course humid. As long as I'm out early enough, I never mind the heat. I can have that run complete by mid-morning no problem.

I've been hitting on a few other runner's blogs...the sensibilities of other runners as they present themselves is so refreshing and fun to see. The self-report of training, eating, weathering the aches and pains never diminishes the joy and dedication of getting out there and getting it done! I am glad to be a part of it, and throw yet another facet open to the world.

Good luck in Beijing Super Runners!! We wanna-be's salute you!!!! And we'll be watching- and cheering you on.

No comments: