Monday, August 18, 2008

The Gift of Faye



It's almost 7:30, and the Olympics are about to start, the pre-show show anyway, and another band of Faye is moving through. Just when complacency sets in, she hurls a burst of wind and water in a huge swoop of her bands; and WHAM you feel that pressure up against the windows and rattling the frames...
Got the call earlier that we are out tomorrow. At this point, it is a precaution for rain and flooding, no doubt. A day to regroup from behind water-streaked windows. There is nothing like this feeling of being under the surface of something so vast...for another few minutes of daylight, I can watch the great wheels of grey clouds race against a lighter backdrop. She is powerful, alright, and I thank her for my little oasis of peace. I am 'off' running/training- I thought about venturing out for a rain run, just for fun. But it always ends up being more uncomfortable than worthwhile. I need the healing anyway. My legs have been incredibly sore. New Brooks this time. On the other side of all this I can't wait to get back out and see what I've got.

No comments: