Monday, October 3, 2011

Tapping the Power

 TY Park: the grove

As I set out for my Sunday long run the temps were cool enough to feel 'autumnal' and give me an early oomph as I began my loop.  The streets were quiet,  the occasional dog-walker was out, as the empty morning gave me an invitation to expand myself out into the atmosphere and into my inner Self.  As I cruised down Park I kept debating about how long to go;  my uber runner began with "there's always Miami (marathon), so why not go for it?  Push a lot of miles, let's get in gear- while my rational self countered with "slow down, things are going well, there is no need to ask for injury and I can still add some distance and keep it real."    As I rounded out to my first pit stop at John Williams, my rational self won.  I love my uber-self, but she is not necessarily out for my best interests.

It was a nice run, with a couple of decent strong stretches.  I was glad to have time to tap into my inner Power, the habit I have now to sort out my musings, dreams, projects and direct energy where I feel I need the healing.  The entrained staccato/percussive motion of running provides an excellent base for self-adjustment and massage.  I'm not sure and doubt I am the only one to notice this,  but once I get going I scan my body and use the rhythm of the gait to help me work out my sore and tight places.   I also work in meditative visualizations, such as the Hathor material, and of course the music and/or material I'm listening to off the phone.   It felt good yesterday, and again today, to feel the core of my commitment to self-care and healing...and to keep the positive aspects of aging in flow.


Tapping into Power appears to be breaking out all over.  I am enthralled by the Wall Street occupiers, the primarily young folk who are taking a page out of our book to 'change the world'.'   It feels as though strong currents are pushing the wheel of seasonal change, and as the Jewish New Year folds into Yom Kippur and the days of at-one-ment, our insight into what we can manifest in our World increases.   There is always opposition, even from seemingly benign sources.  Like the uber-runner in my head,  not every voice is the one to listen to.  But each one brings a point of view to the development of our choices.   Power spots are everywhere.  Choose where you make your stand today and tap into the energy Mother Earth Herself provides not just for you and those you agree with, but everyone as we Wake Up and Keep our Voices Heard!

No comments: