Thursday, October 13, 2011

Marathon musings

I downloaded a training plan that, miraculously, I am currently 'on schedule' for in order to pull off the Miami Marathon in Jan. '12.   I keep trying to make up my mind.    So here's the plan.   Continue with the training as it's laid out, and see how the longer miles feel.  Make my decision by Thanksgiving AT THE LATEST.  Registration.  Commitment.   Follow through.

Part of what I feel is on my mind about it, besides gauging my body's general level of endurance for handling this, is why I want to do it....I've done 2 other marathons...the first one, also Miami was to test myself.  The second, Marine Corp, was for Dad.   I'm thinking of this one for all my Ancestors who continue to support and inspire those of us who are seeking to change the world for the better, one step, one client, one person, one act of empowerment at a time.

Thoughts???

No comments: