Monday, October 12, 2009

Yoga Day

The heat and humidity made mincemeat of me yesterday....I fell asleep early and woke late. Put my effort into yoga today to build the chi back and stretch/strengthen everything sore. And it works! I've been more beat up than this after longer runs, and consistent attention to adjustments, diet and rest seem to be a stabilizing influence.

Mentally, I'm cooling down the engines of anxiety, and shifting, instead, into how to make maximum enjoyment from so much intense activity! Once out on the course, I feel confident my natural enthusiasm will kick in. Being back with the family, the circle of friends, will be a homecoming for sure! And making whatever professional inroads are possible as I take my 'show' on the road, is icing on the cake. It will be sweet reward for the years of hard work I've put into my career.

Today, I remember that I come from tough stock...from survivors of pogroms, immigrants, strivers and fighters and dreamers. I honor the core of resolve that marks my progress in life and bless myself for the pathos of the struggle. I recognize that some things, like art, I engage inconsistently and endeavor to create a greater role; not just thinkng about it, doing it. I honor the things I make consistent, like the long loopy miles of testing myself against my own preconceived notions of physical fitness and health. I read back through my RBWO 'Facilitators Handbook' and smile at the description of physical ills....knowing I have come a long way towards healing what ailed me. If the trip represents anything unique, it's a chance to put all those threads of development on the line, and move fearlessly (well, relatively speaking) into the unknown. The future me is all smiles, for she knows the fruits of my labor, the results of my dreams are steps away...keep moving, she keeps telling me. When you tire, when you ache, keep going. When your mind tries to shut you down, keep running. The line is there. We are there. And connection is made with all those who run by your side.

No comments: