Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Last Minute Glitches




After too much, too many interactions with the Great Apple folks, I finally have the earphone replacement I need for the new shuffle. How did we get so dependent on the gear that comes with running?? I keep in mind the Kenyans, the Taramuhara, the ancients who ran on a little cornmeal, and a whole lotta heart and sole. I am spoiled, over-anxious and under-confident. I make a mountain out of the small overpass, and think my 10 miles is really something.

My hip has a mysterious new pain. The bridge is open to traffic at mile 19 or 20....the weather calls for a nor'easter coming up. Shar was unable to book the workshop as I hoped.

Now its time to re-boot my expectations and forget about minutia of it all. I am so eager to get out and RUN tomorrow morning, just to MOVE, be on the GO, and escape the constraints of daily life. I am so constricted in my car, my office chair, my schedule. The run let's me get out and go, and go I must. Time soon enough to see if I've got anything to give to 26.2 miles. But in the end, it's just another loop around an endless endeavor, coming back to myself.

No comments: