Thursday, September 17, 2009

Surreality



While the sun hammers hot through unimaginably clear skies (having nothing but clouds or rain for so long) I lay sick on the couch. How did this happen? Just over a month out from MCM...expect the unexpected seems the lesson at hand.

After no runs Mon and Tues, I ran 10 miles yesterday early AM, more curious to know I could, regardless of my physical state. I made it alright, but it seemed to bring on the cold/flu which was itching to come to the surface. So ok, no running today, probably not tomorrow either and the weekend, we'll see.

I dreamt last night of a school too big, that I could not find my way back to my room where all my 'stuff' was...while along the way I kept having to speak or intervene with someone or some group which was all well and good, but....I knew I needed to take care of me. DUH.

It's wierd to be passive when my will says otherwise. It's strange when my otherwise high-energy body succumbs. I never realize how strong I am until I'm not. But physical illness is a reflection of so many things, so I know it is a good thing to allow all the flotsam and jetsam from this summer to circulate their way through. It's always hard to believe when you're down that the upside is waiting. But we know the pendulum eventually swings over... the patience to work with process is an artform. Anything I can do to enhance my healing is underway. I know the love and support of my team would say so.

No comments: