Sunday, September 27, 2009

3rd last long run

home (Park/Sheridan) east towards beach, north to Dania Beach B, east to the pier and straight down the beach to the N. beach station- 1st stop. Down the broadwalk over Hollywood B straight to Young Cirle and publix- 2nd stop. Straight through downtown under 95, north on Park to publix- 3rd stop. continue park and cut west to catch another small loop over and up to home....

I took one significant walk break towards the end and found I had it in me to complete the run without undue stress. naturally I am pretty played now, but my confidence is growing.

My true goal is to be able to enjoy the race. Too much physical distress and I'll be managing my discomfort. But if I can settle in, and adjust even when it's hard, I can really absorb the experience.

The reality of doing it for Dad is beginning to come back to me, to join my efforts with all the others, the good soldiers, the warriors, the protectors. I'd like to think we'll seal the deal, that mutual recognition and love has come to us. The end of the race, a confirmation that I'll do anything to represent.

No comments: