Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Right Road



Long run Saturday, mixed training today, Sunday.
I did the same out and back Saturday as last week, heading west on Griffin and cutting back through the Seminoles rez. This time, I rounded it out a bit, and when I made the turn off Griffin was careful to pay attention to my direction. Luckily, I found the that turn I'd missed, and the right road east. Like before, it was a long slog that got slightly better the further I went. The last punch on Thomas was a series of fartleks, taking the blocks one by one. And though the morning was hot, with plenty of humidity, I acclimated enough to make it a decent run.

Today, I dodged the storms up to Publix and over to Gold's gym. The overall pace was hardly out of first gear I'm sure, but I did manage a beautiful stretch over to Angler's Ave, quite alone without traffic- and my head wandering through every cloud and raindrop, forgetting at times I was even running.

Maybe those are the best. Lost in motion, in space. The Chi Running is certainly helping...as I move into the forward progress I keep hoping to make.

No comments: