Monday, May 18, 2009

Chi Running is So Cool




I wasn't entirely sure about running today, having run both weekend days, but knowing that my entry back to work last Monday was full of distress I thought maybe I need to inoculate myself today.....so out before 7AM...a beautiful whirlwind of a morning, full of winds, clouds, sun, the gambit.

Chi Running has definitely increased my overall comfort level. I can cruise right into the gear that gets me going, keeps me going and conserves my energy. My legs, which had been so beat up, seem to be loosening. I am minus all those old aches and pains that plagued me last year, the chronic hip and IBS pain, the shin and foot problems. Everything in Chi is running with the energy, with the road, the force of gravity- keeping things relaxed while keeping form good. For the first time I'm finding where to keep my arms, hands and feet without feeling like an awkward mess.
Watching something about Bruce Lee last night, reminded me- the unity of East and West is a smart thing, and something he pioneered. And if he can do, if the other uber-runners can do it, no reason why I can't do it too.

The challenges on the road ahead are formidable. I am lucky to have an increase in confidence and ability just when I need it most. I am grateful beyond measure to my peeps, my guides, the Powers that Be who watch out and make the obstacles surmountable. It's good to have a challenge....now to make good on my intention to see it through all the way in to the line.

No comments: