Friday, May 15, 2009

A Change is Gonna Come




Recovery day. Up early to get into the office so I could leave early and get to the condo, shop for Mom and the aide, sort the bills, and get over to the nursing home. Met with Dad, the social worker and 2-3 other staff to make the case. Dad fought it tooth and nail. Thanks to the staff who backed me up, because I did not back down. The goal, to begin to formulate the plan out of their condo for them both, is now in sight. And for the first time in a long while, I am breathing a bit easier.

The long road ahead will take every skill I possess, an I few I need to learn fast!! The mileage that eats at the last legs of a run try to lure us off the finish altogether until we realize it's just one more mile, or one more block, or another kick to get home.

It's a good thing I've learned how to persevere. My endurance is good. My spirits are not always at their best, but hey! I'm tired!!! This has been a very rocky road. But finally, we are getting to what I sense is the better place. Thanks to the staff at The Courts. You gals rock!

No comments: