Friday, March 14, 2008

gathering my strength




Time to lay it down, the pressure of attempting to meet a certain number, miles in this week, time out, lengths of sprints, hills, repeats, loops. Apparently the message of my leg pain is, just lay off. So today, while the afternoon got away from me and the rain clouds came in, I just stayed in, stretched, watched movies, and thought about running. There is too much stuff around that needs a place; photos, bibs, the amazing amount of detritus of running. I want to make a 'poster' of my marathon stuff- and I need to display the half. Some good shots were had out of that, and I'll need the inspiration to build back into serious mileage. I'm still at it, still looking forward, to whatever new experience it will bring. For the dark parts in me that are still looking for the light are magically exposed when I have plenty of time to air them, move them, shake them up. The rhythm captures the voice of all the dreams still swirling around my head.

No comments: