Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Big Dreams, Big Challenges


"I like Thinking Big. If you're going to be thinking anyway, you might as well Think Big." -- Donald Trump


It's no surprise to learn how many significant holidays have fallen around this spring equinox, and with my birthday coming up, the energy of change is all around. With change, transition, with transition, discomfort, while patterns shift and what was reliable becomes elusive.

Big miles, big hopes, big setbacks. The pain in my leg continues; my overall mileage is down. I still have ultra-distance inside me, but the changes in my body are for rolling over and catching more sleep. I still want to change the world, but I'm having trouble changing my own life. The dream of Big Love is still very much alive, but it keeps getting cracked over the head by hard reality.

Still, I'm an Aries, and we dream Big; the bigger the better. I have only to look at Michael for my inspiration. My fly boy, my glider into unknown skies, who took himself up into the air and owns the risk of the transparent winds, winding his way from one breathless landscape to the next. We are linked in our mutual desire to Go Long, Dream Big and take on the challenges that will get us to the other side of any struggle. If only I can hang on.

No comments: