Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Against the Wind

"In the Midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you."
-- Deepak Chopra


Who said there's no spring in Florida? No matter which way I ran, there was a stiff wind in my face. They say running into the wind is the equivalent of running hills; that said, I must have run 6 miles of hills today. Somewhere in the middle, where I took a break at the small children's park off 58th for water, I felt something 'give' in my bad leg, and miraculously, I think whatever band or bind or bulge has plagued me released!!

Maybe it was the winds. Maybe it was the lift in my heart. Maybe, despite the "movement and chaos" there is a lovely, quiet "stillness" in my spirit; and even as I lift into joy or anticipation or the challenge of my everyday life, the winds do not break me, they take me to another level.

No comments: