Monday, August 6, 2012

Rainbow Run


As I geared up for my Sunday long run,  I let the morning take me up the overpass and turn up 29th to begin a long Griffin loop.   I wasn't sure I had a beach run in me and craved some empty streets.   The pace was nice and comfortable as I keep working more jams out of my right foot.  I cruised up Anglers and into Ravenswood feeling the heat, the humidity and slowing now and then just to adjust.
The sun and breezes were at my back as I wound up to my pit stop at Publix and filled my water bottles.

Just as I had headed out and made the turn on the cut-down to Stirling,  the skies opened up with a quick summer squall,   quickly chilling the air and drenching me....the squish of my shoes in puddles...drips off my visor....I turned the corner to see the rainbow (above) and stopped just to watch the magnificent bridge of colors breathe over the skyline....!

The rest of the run caught me in intermittent stages of sun, rain and the slow slog home thoroughly soaked.   I laughed to myself at the unexpected, and watching my own resistance to change.  All we want is a smooth way, no storms thank-you,  and resent when things 'pop' at us unexpectedly.  That rainbow was a Gift;  as much a message from The Powers that Be as anything written on paper, or said in the news.   What I 'saw' and 'heard' was a reminder that nothing is static and especially now, in these times of enormous change, we must be fluid and adaptable, able to keep moving even when the skies open up on us.   The unexpected may come in a form you least expect, with colors of the rainbow flowing around you, in the banners of expectation,  love and light!   May we all be open to receive what our Mother Gaia has to give,  and give to Her our appreciation, always!

No comments: