Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Resiliance, and oh yea, New Shoe Review



I have been an Asics fan, then Brooks, now I think I found 'the one'....LOL...(I always say that)...Under Armour ....'Spectre'? Not sure the type, but check out the photo. They use a "foot sleeve" instead of a tongue. The overall construction looks like a racing flat....but with more. At first I thought they were a bit stiff, but after a week of shorter and longer runs, I think I have fallen in love. Today, a big Griffin loop (taking the overpass and cutting up to Stirling next to 95) about 10...felt almost 'normal'...meaning, no big breaks, no big pain, no big tanking out. No hydration belt but enough watering holes out there, spaced along the route, with electrolyte pills to beat the impact of the heat. I am definitely acclimated, and I feel renewed confidence that I can keep a good base, get past the class, and focus on the big miles closer to fall. Maybe I can do it after all....

The brush of the down swing, enough to scare me, lifts with good runs. Seems simplistic, but true. My confidence in navigating the sheer challenge of a long run spills over into everything. The resilience comes back...the momentum begins. Nothing seems impossible if I keep one foot moving in front of the other, and find my stride. With time, goals are accomplished. It can be done. It is all a matter of consistent effort and time.

And if you think the right shoes dont matter, find ones that 'lift' you from the doldrums and take off down the road. Your spirit will soar and the world will transform before your eyes into infinite possibilities.

No comments: