Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Smoke and mirrors




Despite sleeplessness, brought on by the upset of negative crap shot at me from clients at work, and again from a more unexpected and personal corner, I was determined to get out this morning to run it through. The client who has it in his mind to use me as his excuse to vent his resentments and anger for lack of positive outcomes, and the failed attempt in a relationship along similar lines is a hard hard hit. People are tricky creatures, alright. It is all perceptions, projections, misaligned and reinvented, permutated along a thousand potential pathways until we are in a big, tangled mess of energy going.....?

I point myself in a direction, hugging the side of the road and my feet are able to take me where I need to go. I am so grateful for this rock solid reality. I am full of love for my heart when it melts into the sky, and the drum-beat rhythm takes hold, flowing up and into my lungs with every set of breaths, in and out, in and out. I adore the light as it caresses my face and the drops of sweat swinging off my lip. And as I tire, I embrace the light/leaden feeling of release that comes with putting every ounce of effort into the pace before I slow it down....

The earth will not abandon me, not as long as I stay with Her. My run is my love-affair with all She offers me. Those in my life who are rock solid are like Her, they do not blow off with the seasons, though they change. They do not look away when I stumble, fall or cry in frustration. They carry me through every which way I go.
For all of you, and you know who you are, my love, always, goes with you.

No comments: