Monday, May 19, 2008

Factors beyond my Control



artwork: the death of the buddha

I THOUGHT I wasn't running yesterday, but by around 6PM, the heat had dissipated enough to make what I hoped would be a short run reasonable. So with minimal clothes and gear, I set out on Thomas with the goal of making it to the small park past 56th where the water fountain is, and back on Park, where I would have the sun- and the winds- at my back.

I think it's the smoke. Or maybe just over-exertion in general. Actually, it was a great run. By the time I hit Park, I found a nice stride and pace, and took the entire stretch in a gulp. But last night I suffered badly. I had profound aches in my body, especially my legs and back I haven't experienced before, which kept me up, and wouldn't allow me to get comfortable. I had wild dreams, scenes with Jay, work, while getting up and down all night. I wanted to at least do some yoga this morning, but preparing food put my back out even more....

Moral of the story is take it easy I suppose, not a message that I swallow well. And with Monday workday looming, and what is typically the 3-ring circus of mad chaos and confusion, it will be a while, I suppose, before I find my equilibrium amidst factors outside my control.

No comments: