Saturday, April 19, 2008

find a place beyond fear


"Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile initially scared me to death." -- Betty Bender

Moderate temps and kind breezes made for a beautiful run this morning. It was a relief to get back on the road without a deadline, and soak up the sun and enjoy the rhythm of the run itself. It was a tough one, although a good distance, probably 9+ miles, the last 2-3 were very difficult to sustain. I wonder what my body is going through with the chiropractic adjustments? If things are looser (that much I feel) is it also true that it will take some sorting out of parts, as they readjust to new connections? Muscles and ligaments which have been stuck around certain areas need to be shifted....it will be awhile, I guess, before I am fluid once again.

In the meantime, I also try reinvolving myself more with yoga and meditation. Not much of a disciplined practitioner on either front, I still benefit from time spent either way. As things continue to heat up at work it becomes more important to use my tools to de-escalate the chronic tension and high-wire performance. Even I begin to flag....but at least I've been recognized, my numbers reflecting the work. A bonus day was approved, at my discretion- blessed time off!

No comments: