Monday, April 7, 2008

don't mess with a Warrior Queen

"Mar 21 - Apr 20 ... ATHENA...
Powerful and zesty Athena is the beautiful warrior queen who stood guard over the ancient city of Athens. Born leaders, Athena-inspired women know no fear, or that’s the face they present to the world at least. They experience trouble with self-expression, resorting to politics and force to coerce a project off the ground. They can be tough, independent, clever and resourceful women, but they should not be afraid to ask for help if they need it, and more importantly, allow people to help them."

As if Aries energy wasn't enough, apparently the zodiac signs also correspond to goddesses, and mine is Athena. Trouble with 'self-expression'? I don't think so, although finding an 'appropriate' voice in the world may be more to the point. We can be too loud, too aggressive, too opinionated, too cocky. Just too much. I am fortunate to possess other qualities that, as I age, appears to balance out the brashness of "firsts" in the energy wheel. Nevertheless, I also feel more fierce and determined; don't mess with my freedom, my agenda and goals. If I do it for myself, I do it for the Big Picture as well.

I am often afraid to ask for help; people who have helped me are extraordinary in understanding my proclivities....my unusual need for confidants, for processing, for deep deep solitude. They trust my process. I trust their interest as more than mercenary. There are incredibly few people I would tap for help these days. More than likely its the vast inner crowd of forces and energies I find myself calling upon as daily stress tries to undermine my work. Not to allow that, I focus, train, watch, rally, rest.

It's often a lonely place to be.

No comments: