Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Even when it hurts


"The more I run, the more I want to run, and the more I live a life conditioned and influenced and fashioned by my running. And the more I run, the more certain I am that I am heading for my real goal: to become the person I am."
--George Sheehan, M.D.,

An unusually late season cool front pushed the temps down into the 50's for a chilly run this morning. My legs feel like dead weights; I'm pushing into the cold winds, pushing against gravity, trying to press pass the hardness in my heart to find a little relief in motion. "The more I run"....the more I need to run. The longer I can sustain myself out there, the better I'll feel, no matter how beat up I become. The real freedom for me is to feel myself untouched except by sun and winds and the lift of the lively air. The more I run the more I hope to shed my weight, to become the light and the wind, to fling the molecules of myself off into deep space, to disappear into distances.

The more I run....The more I wish I could run....forever.

No comments: