Sunday, February 10, 2008

Accomplishment is Sweet



Anything that we truly own, not what we borrow, like objects which rust and decay, or attach to, like people, but inherent abilities, capacities, talents, skills, anything that expresses us into the world, these are what create soulful satisfaction, happiness and joy.

I have rebelled against traditional forms of 'happiness' for my whole life; I fought against the mold of wife and mother, job-holder and home-owner, for the way I perform my job, and live in my home, is pretty unique, I think. My stamp is on what I do. You know it's me because it has a kind of wild life to it, it grows, thrives, strives, and shows its colors. It bursts, and bubbles, gurgles with fits and spurts, sometimes grumbling in between long silences....it is somewhere else besides a stream, a river, an ocean, soaking up some rays, it bends and coils around me, then it throws itself out to catch into the purpose of the day, and whether it accomplishes anything, it's not for me to say....

So I love this picture. I don't see that look often. It's sweet. Powerful. Pure. It's about one thing. Uncomplicated. It just took all my effort and focus to get from point A to point B, very very far away....but the journey, the adventure of getting there put the wonder behind that smile. It was all mine. I got to soak it up, bend it around my head and put it here among other places, to preserve the magic of a moment that transformed me, and can transform you, when you take a similar path to your finish line.

No comments: